Welcome to this episode of THE TONIC, terrestrially broadcast on November 25, 2017 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the benefits of living in an apartment vs. a condominium with Real Estate Expert Mitchell Abrahams; coming into a yoga practice later in life with Yogi Jodi Fischtein and when is it time to consider living in a long term care facility with Dr. Michael Soboloff.
We specifically discuss:
Apartments vs. Condominiums:
- Why is it important that there is new apartment stock?
- Who would benefit from living in an apartment?
- What amenities do people need in an apartment?
- What are the differences between apartments and condos?
- Why aren’t more apartment buildings being built and what needs to change?
- What issues are important for those people who want to rent?
- How are apartment buildings built differently from condominiums?
Coming To A Yoga Practice Later in Life:
- What can you expect from yoga if you’ve never practiced?
- How do you find the right yoga studio?
- How fit do you need to be to practice yoga?
- What can you get from yoga if you’re not into the lifestyle?
- How does yoga fit in with your life if you’re older?
When is it Time To Consider Living In a Long Term Care Facility:
- What’s the difference between an assisted living facility and long term care facility?
- When is it time to consider a long term care facility?
- How can family members assist in choosing a long term care facility?
- What are the considerations in choosing a long term care facility?
For Jodi’s latest article in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about the sponsor for this episode, The Benvenuto Group, go here.