Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on December 9, 2017 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss how recent allegations of sexual misconduct in the entertainment industry and politics effect us all with Tonic Sex Expert, Carlyle Jansen; when it’s okay to not eat organic foods with chef, health and wellness author and podcaster Marni Wasserman; and keeping your fitness up over the holidays with fitness expert Kathleen Trotter.
We specifically discuss:
The Harvey Weinstein Effect:
- What do recent allegations of sexual misconduct in the entertainment industry and politics say about social norms?
- Will the recent allegations change the culture of those industries or society at large?
- What are the implications for the average person?
- Will there be unintended consequences as a result of the spate of allegations?
When Is It Okay To Not Eat Organic Foods:
- Why is it important to eat organic foods?
- If you’re on a budget, which products are most important to buy organic?
- If you’re on a budget, which products are least important to buy organic?
- If you have to choose, should you buy organic or local food products?
- What about wild foods?
How To Keep Your Fitness Up Over The Holidays:
- Suggestions for people who find it hard to motivate themselves to exercise
- Advice for pre and post indulgence workouts
- How do you maintain exercise during travel days?
- How do you maintain fitness away from home, in limited space?
- What fitness equipment is transportable when traveling?
For Carlyle’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here.
For Marni’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here.
For information on Marni’s podcast go here.
For more information on Kathleen go here.
For more information about Show Sponsor, We-Vibe go here.
A SPECIAL OFFER! sponsor, Pure-Le Natural, is offering $10 off of online orders over $50, with free shipping. The offer is good until the end of January 2018. go here and enter the code “THE TONIC”.