Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on February 17, 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the health benefits of Activated Charcoal with Master Herbalist, Joel Thuna; hard and easy cookbook recipes with Tonic Cookbook Reviewer Naomi Bussin and multi-generational workouts with mother/daughter personal trainers Jodi and Alexa Farber
We specifically discuss:
Health Benefits of Activated Charcoal:
- What is Activated Charcoal?
- How does Activated Charcoal attract toxins?
- The traditional use of Activated Charcoal
- How does Activated Charcoal help kidney health?
- How does Activated Charcoal help liver function?
- Activated Charcoal and Cholesterol
- Activated Charcoal and Digestion
- The taste of Activated Charcoal
The Hard and Easy Cookbook Recipes:
- Complicated “chefy” recipes vs. everyday recipes
- Macarons vs. Tiger Cakes
- “Baking Chez Moi” Dorie Greenspan
- Roasted Cauliflower
- “Mozza At Home” Nancy Silverton
- “Vegetable Butcher” Cara Mangini
- Bee Stung Fried Chicken “Seven Spoons” Tara Brady
- Sheet Pan Dinner Chicken “Smitten Kitchen” Deb Perelman
- The benefits of working out as a family
- The challenges of working out as a family
- Recommended family exercise
For Joel’s article about Milk Thistle in Tonic Magazine go here.
For Naomi’s latest article on Cookbooks in Tonic Magazine go here.
Pure-le Natural is offering 25% on all of its Vitamin D products until the end of March 2018 for listeners of THE TONIC. There are 7 products under this promotion:
Vegan Vitamin D drops for Adults & Teens
Vegan Vitamin D drops for infants, babies and children
Vegetarian Vitamin D drops for Adults & Teens
Vegetarian Vitamin D drops for infants, babies and children
Liquid Greens Super Concentrate + Vitamin D
Vegan Hypoallergenic Vitamin D
Fiberrific +vitamin D
To take advantage of this amazing offer go here and type in the code “2018TonicD” at checkout!