Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on March 3, 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the health benefits of Vitamin D with Master Herbalist, Joel Thuna; Yoga as a path to self love with Sari Nisker-Fox and old school and new school cookbook recipes with Tonic Cookbook Reviewer Naomi Bussin.
We specifically discuss:
Health Benefits of Vitamin D:
- What is Vitamin D?
- Vitamin D2 vs. Vitamin D3
- What does Vitamin D do for us?
- Bone health
- How do we get Vitamin D?
- Vitamin D made by your body
- Vitamin D from food
- Vitamin D from supplements
- Vitamin D dosage and format
Yoga as a Path to Self Love:
- what does “self love” mean?
- self love practically
- what is the importance of self love?
- is self love relevant in current culture?
- self love vs. narcissism
- self love regimen
Old School vs. New School Cookbook Recipes:
- Dumplings: Kreplach vs. Vegetarian Potstickers
- Chicken Wings: Baked Chicken Wings vs.Roasted Sriracha Cauliflower with Peanut Sauce
- Banana Bread: Chocolate Chip Banana Bread vs. Banana Cardamom Upside Down Cake with Salted Caramel Sauce
For Joel’s article about Vitamin D in Tonic Magazine go here.
For Sari’s article about the path to self love in Tonic Magazine go here.
For Naomi’s latest article on Cookbooks in Tonic Magazine go here.
Pure-le Natural is offering 25% on all of its Vitamin D products until the end of March 2018 for listeners of THE TONIC. There are 7 products under this promotion:
Vegan Vitamin D drops for Adults & Teens
Vegan Vitamin D drops for infants, babies and children
Vegetarian Vitamin D drops for Adults & Teens
Vegetarian Vitamin D drops for infants, babies and children
Liquid Greens Super Concentrate + Vitamin D
Vegan Hypoallergenic Vitamin D
Fiberrific +vitamin D
To take advantage of this amazing offer go here and type in the code “2018TonicD” at checkout!