Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on March 24, 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss all about antioxidants with Dr. Gordon Chang; how to avoid yoga injuries with local yogi Tracey Soghrati and optimizing your digestion with Dr. Jodi Larry ND
We specifically discuss:
All About Antioxidants:
- the basics
- antioxidants are not the same
- free radicals
- how are antioxidants effective?
- every disease relates to free radicals
- the right and wide variety of antioxidants
- Can antioxidants ward off illness?
- Can antioxidants stop aging?
- Supplements that act as antioxidants
Avoiding Yoga Injuries:
- injuries in class: repetitive strain
- the evolution of yoga injuries
- functional movement
- avoiding injuries in normal practice
- postural assessment
- “sitting slump”
- poses that “pose” problems
- headstand, handstands and yoga push-ups
- IBS Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- diet- processed food, preservatives and stabilizers
- Enteric nervous system
- Sympathetic and Parasympathetic Nervous Systems
- Aiding digestion: anti-inflammatory
- Ginger and Fiber
For Tracey’s article about prioritizing your pleasure in Tonic Magazine go here.
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha go here.
To learn more about Dr. Jodi Larry ND go here.
Pure-le Natural is offering 25% on all of its Vitamin D products until the end of March 2018 for listeners of THE TONIC. There are 7 products under this promotion:
Vegan Vitamin D drops for Adults & Teens
Vegan Vitamin D drops for infants, babies and children
Vegetarian Vitamin D drops for Adults & Teens
Vegetarian Vitamin D drops for infants, babies and children
Liquid Greens Super Concentrate + Vitamin D
Vegan Hypoallergenic Vitamin D
Fiberrific +vitamin D
To take advantage of this amazing offer go here and type in the code “2018TonicD” at checkout!