Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on March 24, 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss how to manage stress with Tawnya Ritco; the mistakes that derail your fitness with Kathleen Trotter and Natural Nutrition Month with Claire Le Gresley.
We specifically discuss:
How To Manage Stress:
- How can you tell if you’re stressed out
- chronic stress
- response to chronic stress
- adrenaline and cortisol
- back-up sex hormones
- recognizing stress triggers
- coping mechanisms
- diaphragmatic breathing
Mistakes that Undermine Fitness:
- lack of awareness
- small things add up
- steady-state cardio vs.interval training
- strength training – body-weight training
- caring about calories vs. nutrition density
- have realistic expectations
- Why is healthy eating so complicated?
- media’s role and influence
- experiment vs. immediate acceptance
- be skeptical of external authorities
- do ideal diets exist?
- pack a snack!
For more information about show sponsor Purica go here.
To learn more about Kathleen Trotter go here.
To read Claire Le Gresley’s article on natural nutrition in Tonic Magazine go here.