Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on March 31, 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss how to ace a job interview when you’re getting back into the market with Warren Bongard, the truth about collagen with Ryan Foley and an insider’s view of the current restaurant trends in Toronto with Vito Marinuzzi.
We specifically discuss:
Acing a Job Interview
- first Impressions are key
- judgments in the first 5 minutes
- the most important thing you can do in a job interview
- don’t be late, don’t sit, maintain eye contact
- allow the interviewer to speak
- don’t sell yourself
- HR insider secrets
- play defence, not offence
- most common mistakes that interviewees make
- post-interview etiquette
The Truth About Collagen:
- what is collagen?
- why should you supplement with collagen?
- bovine sourced vs. marine sourced collagen
- collagen peptides
- what to look for when buying collagen supplements
- molecular size of collagen peptide
An Insider’s View on Restaurant Trends
- Do people order healthy choices on the menu?
- organics and locally sourced ingredients
- challenges in operating a restaurant in Toronto
- increased minimum wage and other costs
- increased prices, cheaper ingredients an smaller portions
- emerging trends
- plant based food
- Vito’s favourites
For more information about show sponsor ZSA Legal Recruitment go here.
To learn more about Nuvocare go here.
To book a table at Vito Marinuzzi’s restaurant 7Numbers go here.