Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on April 7 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss detoxification with Dr. Gordon Chang, how to advocate in your personal relationship with Carlyle Jansen and moving on from a toxic relationship with Rod MacDonald.
We specifically discuss:
Top Tips To Detoxification
- our bodies detoxify naturally
- assisting our bodies to detoxify
- toxins build up gradually
- constant stress builds up toxin over time
- liver, kidney, intestines, skin
- detoxifying on an ongoing basis
Self-Advocacy in a Personal Relationship
- expressing yourself in a long-term relationship
- practice (of saying things) makes perfect
- timing is important
- “I like this – I don’t like that”
- dynamics of long term relationship
- can these conversations be planned
Moving on From a Toxic Relationship
- First Steps in getting over a relationship
- recognize that relationships end
- don’t focus on the relationship but rather on ourselves
- becoming the best version of ourselves
- objectivity and time
- avoiding patterns
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha go here.
To read Carlyle’s article in Tonic Magazine go here.
To read Rod’s article in Tonic Magazine go here.