Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on April 21, 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss what it takes to get an apartment building built in Toronto with Mitchell Abrahams, how to get insurance for free with Larry Berdugo and the best Spring recipes with Tonic Cookbook Reviewer, Naomi Bussin.
We specifically discuss:
How To Get An Apartment Built in Toronto:
- What comes first the land or the building?
- What is the intent of the financier?
- The lost decade 1990-2000
- Low interest/mortgage rates since 2000
- Acquiring land
- Land assembly
- demolition and redevelopment
- investment: condominium vs. apartment
- What works on the land, zoning and market
How to Get Insurance for Free
- Life Insurance
- Corporate Insured Retirement Plan
- Critical Illness Insurance
- After 15 years return of premiums
- Estate Transfer Strategy
- Insurance as an asset class
The Best Spring Recipes:
- “Dinner: Changing the Game”
- Epicurious: Pea Mash
- “Sweeter Off The Vine”
For more information about The Benvenuto Group go here.
For Naomi’s latest article in Tonic Magazine go here.