Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on May 5, 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss how to treat headaches naturally with Master Herbalist, Joel Thuna; how yoga is a medium for change with Jodi Fischtein and the pros and cons of cleansing with Charlene Day
We specifically discuss:
Treating Athlete’s Foot Naturally:
- what are Primary Headaches?
- stress, migraine or cluster headaches
- causes of primary headaches
- what are Secondary Headaches?
- natural remedies and Primary Headaches
- essential oils
- herbs and supplements for headache prevention
- lifestyle prevention of headaches
- calming treatment for existing headaches
Yoga as a Medium for Change:
- self-inquiry: seeking dimensions in yourself
- jettison previous behaviour
- changes through mindfulness
The Pros and Cons of Cleansing:
- what is a cleanse?
- what does a cleanse do?
- Spring cleanse
- are cleanses for everyone?
- types of cleanse
- prepping for and transitioning out of cleanse
- commitments to cleanse
- best and worst part of cleansing
For Joel’s article about Headaches in Tonic Magazine go here.
For Jodi’s article taking yoga and change in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Charlene Day Meditation go here.