Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on May 12, 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss your heart health with Tawnya Ritco; the best Mother’s Day Brunch recipes with Tonic Cookbook reviewer Naomi Bussin and training to run rather than running to train with Kathleen Trotter.
We specifically discuss:
- Why aren’t people addressing their heart health seriously
- Risk factors
- When should we be proactive?
- good fats and bad fats
- warning signs of heart attack
- warning signs for women
- “Just A Little Heart Attack“
Mothers’ Day Brunch
- ‘Breakfasty’ Brunch
- Stephanie Izard’s Pancakes
- Gather and Graze
- meat or vegetarian dish
- Huckleberry’s Croque Monsieur
- Cured Fish recipes
Training to Run vs. Running to Train:
- run or don’t run
- running as a sole source of fitness
- preparing for high impact exercise
- multi-joint body function exercises
- core strength exercises
- single leg activities
- mobility exercises
- treadmills vs. outdoors
- gradual progression
- sleep, diet, recovery
- best tip for beginners
For more information about show sponsor Purica go here.
To learn more about Kathleen Trotter go here.
To read Naomi Bussin’s article on Mothers’ Day Brunch in Tonic Magazine go here.