Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on May 26, 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss what it takes to get an apartment building built in Toronto (part 2) with Mitchell Abrahams, body image and weight loss with Claire LeGresley and cooking healthy for one with Carolyn Tanner Cohen.
We specifically discuss:
How To Get An Apartment Built in Toronto (Part 2):
- After a building site is approved
- What’s planned isn’t always built
- Detailed design (structural, aesthetics, city needs)
- Marketing and design
- cost benefit analysis
- risks in building an apartment
Body Image and Weight Loss
- Body based praise
- “Have you lost weight?”
- the problems with compliments
- bodies change for different reasons
- How do we do better?
Healthy Cooking for One:
- Is it possible to cook healthy for one?
- The hardest part: leftovers
- cooking vs ordering in
- batch cooking for one
- pantry staples
- meal prep groups
For more information about The Benvenuto Group go here.
For Claire’s article in Tonic Magazine on body image go here.
For more information about Carolyn Tanner Cohen go here.