Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on June 16, 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss how to treat atherosclerosis naturally with Master Herbalist, Joel Thuna; the ins and outs of stretching with Kathleen Trotter and the top five healthy grilling tips with Carolyn Tanner Cohen
We specifically discuss:
Treating Atherosclerosis Naturally:
- what is arteriosclerosis?
- what is atherosclerosis?
- the work of your arteries
- high blood pressure
- the cycle of arterial deterioration
- causes and symptoms of atherosclerosis
- prevention of atherosclerosis
- exercise, avoid smoking, relaxation, eat healthy
- supplements: fibre, vitamin D, Omega-3 oil, Co-enzyme Q10 (Ubiquinol), Garlic, Vitamin B-12, Green Tea
- What does “make sure you stretch” mean?
- static stretching – holding the pose
- dynamic stretching – stretching while moving
- fascia stretching – rollers, balls, stretching connective tissue
- corrective stretching – stretching to fix a problem
- “pre-getting out of bed stretching routine”
5 Top Tips for Healthy Grilling:
- bring meat, fish or fowl to room temperature before grilling
- grease the grill once it’s hot, not vice versa
- don’t futz with your food
- cleaning your grill
- when to marinate/season your grilled vegetables
For Joel’s article about Atherosclerosis in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Kathleen Trotter go here.
To learn more about Carolyn Tanner Cohen go here.