Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on July 28, 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss enhancing your brain power with Tawnya Ritco; the myth of sexual normalcy with Tonic Sex Expert Carlyle Jansen, Medical Cannabis vs. Opioids with Dr. Hance Clarke, Summer wellness with Dr. Jodi Larry ND and the top healthy pantry staples with Carolyn Tanner-Cohen.
Also….The Soul Segment with Lisa Marvin and Pure Beauty with Dr. Kristen Ma ND
We specifically discuss:
Enhancing Your Brain Power:
- Exercise and Brain Health
- Emotional Fitness
- Mental Fitness
- learning something new
- Healthy Fats for the Brain
- Sugar and the Brain
- Foods for the Brain
- Supplements for the Brain
- Lion’s Mane, Curcamine, Magnesium
The Myth of Sexual Normalcy:
- We want to be normal
- What’s the frequency?
- Body Image
- The pressure of the sexual act
THE SOUL SEGMENT: Celebrity Reading – Tom Cruise
Medical Cannabis vs. Opioids:
- Prescribing Opioids – knee jerk reaction
- dampening the nervous system
- prescribing pain medication
- cannabis does have an affect on pain
- recreational vs. medical cannabis
- standards and testing of medical cannabis
- institutional policy
PURE BEAUTY: Rosacea
- Balance fun with health
- Alcohol: stay away from sugar
- Hangover cure
- Bring your own dessert
- Leave out the burger and hotdog bun
The Top Healthy Pantry Staples
- Frozen Kale
- Sweet Potato
- Apple Cider Vinegar
For more information about show sponsor Purica go here.
To read Carlyle’s article on the myth of sexual normalcy in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Dr. Hance Clarke go here.
To learn more about Dr. Jodi Larry go here.
To learn more about Carolyn Tanner Cohen go here.
To learn more about Lisa Marvin go here.
To connect with Dr. Kristen Ma of Pure+ Simple go here.