Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on July 14 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the Natural Treatment of Sexual Dysfunction with Dr. Gordon Chang, Training your Brain with Mindfulness Expert Tracey Soghrati, the best healthy Summer entertaining recipes with Tonic Cookbook Reviewer Naomi Bussin and Medical Marijuana and the Aging Population with Tonic Medical Marijuana Expert, Rick Gillman
Also….the Soul Segment with Lisa Marvin and Pure Beauty with Dr. Kristen Ma ND
We specifically discuss:
Natural Treatment of Sexual Dysfunction
- Causes of Sexual Dysfunction
- Men: micro circulation, fatigue
- Women: fatigue, brain, stress
- holistic approach
- increasing testosterone
- dealing with stress
- diabetes – micro-vascular damage – ginko
- natural products – safety margins
- vitamins: B vitamins
- adaptogens herbs: valerian, cava cava
- anti aging: ginseng
- exercise- sleep
- mind-body connection
- balancing hormones
- gut health and sexual health
Mindfulness: Brain Training 101
- mindfulness practice
- Why should I care about mindfulness?
- rumination: going over the past
- anxious fantasy
- the brain as a tool
- fight or flight
- Why is being present in the moment important?
- the stories in your head: cataloging past events
- focusing on the present moment
- breath work
- our brains are serial processors
THE SOUL SEGMENT: Money and your month
The Top Summer Entertaining Recipes
- Grilling meat: “Meat” by Pat LaFrieda
- “Zahav” by Michael Solomonov
- “Sunday Suppers” by Karen Mordechai
PURE BEAUTY: Sun Damage
Medical Cannabis and the Aging Population:
- cannabis and pain treatment
- concerns regarding opioids
- quality of life
- Israeli research
- pain relief
- anxiety, PTSD, depression
- long term memory
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha go here.
To learn more about Tracey go here.
To read Naomi’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here.
To read Rick Gillman’s article on Medical Marijuana and the aging population in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Lisa Marvin go here.
To connect with Dr. Kristen Ma of Pure+ Simple go here.