Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on July 212018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss fighting NIMBYism with Mitchell Abrahams and Yes In My Backyard Chris Spoke, the Natural Treatment of Sun Exposure with Megan Horsley, Busting myths about reverse mortgages with Yvonne Ziomecki and the best wine pairings for plant based foods with Chef Ivana Raca
Also….the Soul Segment with Lisa Marvin and Pure Beauty with Dr. Kristen Ma ND
We specifically discuss:
Healthy City Growth and NIMBYism
- affordable housing vs. NIMBYism
- NIMBYism – opposing new development
- single family neighbourhood stability
- Places To Grow Act
- city governance – ward system
- immigration and growth
- the provincial role
- uncertainty with new appeal process
- Toronto = Manhattan
- as of right zoning
The Natural Treatment of Sun Exposure
- do we need to avoid the sun at all costs?
- protecting your skin
- Why is it important to absorb sunlight?
- Vitamin D
- clean sun screen
- covering up
- tanning beds
- preferred sun screens
- foods that help with sun exposure
THE SOUL SEGMENT: Career
Busting Reverse Mortgage Myths
- Loan of last resort
- High interest rates – debt servicing
- Lump sum payments
- Losing your home
- High fees
PURE BEAUTY: Four Tips for Eating for Rosacea
Wine Pairings for Plant Base Foods:
- the challenge of pairing wines with plant based foods
- common mistakes that people make pairing wines
- countries that understand plant based pairings
- wines for vegans
For more information about show sponsor The Benvenuto Group go here.
To learn more about Megan go here.
To Learn more about The Big Carrot go here.
To learn more about HomEquity Bank Reverse mortgages go here.
To learn more about Chef Ivana go here.
To learn more about Lisa Marvin go here.
To connect with Dr. Kristen Ma of Pure+ Simple go here.