Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on August 4 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss lessons learned in developing apartments with Mitchell Abrahams, the natural treatment of depression with Ted Snider, the best Middle-Eastern recipes with Tonic Cookbook Reviewer Naomi Bussin and the psychological impact of working in the sex trade with Andrea Werhun
Also….the Soul Segment with Lisa Marvin and Pure Beauty with Dr. Kristen Ma ND
We specifically discuss:
Lessons Learned in Developing Apartments
- The approval process of developments
- Development charges
- Downloading of costs to the end-user
- Apartment layout: planning rules are outside-in not inside out
- Energy efficiency
- High cost of electricity
- The market for rental in a “World Class” city
The Top Herbs and Supplements to Treat Depression
- do anti-depressants work?
- St. John’s Wort
- Curcamine (Turmeric)
- Essential Fatty Acids (Omega 3, Omega 6)
- B Vitamins (Folic Acid)
- Rhodiola Rosea
- Vitamin D
THE SOUL SEGMENT: Love and Relationships
The Best Middle-Eastern Recipes
- Feast: Food of the Islamic World
- Palestinian Table
- Shaya: An Odyssey of Food
PURE BEAUTY: Rosecea
The Psychological Impact of Working In The Sex Trade
- The most difficult part of being a sex worker
- opinions about men
- the toll on the body and mind
For more information about show sponsor The Benvenuto Group go here.
To learn more about Ted Snider go here.
To read Naomi Bussin’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Andrea Werhun go here.
To learn more about Lisa Marvin go here.
To connect with Dr. Kristen Ma of Pure+ Simple go here.