Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on September 15 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we talk about proactively managing the aging process with Dr. Jennifer Pearlman, the importance of a comprehensive sex ed. curriculum with Tonic Sex Expert Carlyle Jansen, cooking with turmeric with Carolyn Tanner-Cohen and the truth about CBD with Tonic Cannabis Expert Rick Gillman.
Also….the Soul Segment with Lisa Marvin
We specifically discuss:
Proactively Managing the Aging Process
- The Joy of Aging Event
- Tips for taking control of the aging process
- Quality of Life
- Health span vs. life span
- Why do we age?
- Buffering chronic stress
- Mindfulness, meditation, visualization, tai chi, yoga, mind-body connections
- The differences in the way that men and women age
- Top tips for anti aging
- Genetic predisposition
- EARLY BIRD PRICING FOR TONIC LISTENERS!
The Importance of a Comprehensive Sex Ed. Curriculum in our Schools
- Sex Ed Curriculum in our schools
- How does sex ed affect kids?
- Does sex ed subvert the role of the parents?
- Cultural or religious objections to sexual education?
- Is there an age that is too young to learn about sex?
- How does sex ed correlate to the prevention of sexual abuse?
- What can parents do if you object to the curriculum?
THE SOUL SEGMENT: Career
Cooking With Turmeric
- What is turmeric?
- Turmeric recipes
- Golden Milk
- Turmeric and cauliflower
- Dried vs. fresh turmeric
- Dealing with stains
- Grating turmeric
- Storing turmeric
The Truth about CBD:
- What is CBD?
- CBD as a pain treatment, MS, Epilepsy, PTSD, Anxiety and Mental health
- CBD from hemp or cannabis
- The superiority of cannabis based CBD
- pesticides and contamination
- non-regulated CBD isn’t being tested
- cost of non-regulated vs. regulated product
- legalities of over-the-counter CBD
For more information about show sponsor The Joy of Aging go here.
For more information about Dr. Jennifer Pearlman go here
To read Carlyle’s article about sex ed. in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Carolyn Tanner-Cohen go here.
To read Rick’s article on yoga breathing in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Lisa Marvin go here.