Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on October 13 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the real estate bubble in Toronto with Mitchell Abrahams, advocating for your loved ones with David Bernstein, sex over 60 with Tonic Sex Expert Carlyle Jansen and the treatment of chronic Migraines with Dr. Ian Finklestein.
Also….the Soul Segment with Lisa Marvin
We specifically discuss:
The Real Estate Bubble in Toronto
- What is a “real estate bubble”?
- What is driving the demand?
- What is restricting the supply?
- Underlying will for people to own real estate
- The desirability of Toronto as a place to live
- Toronto as a safe haven for foreign wealth
- ratio of income to house price
- low interest rates
- Baby Boomers and built-up equity
- patience is the best approach for new development
Advocating for a Loved One
- what does “advocating” mean?
- How do you advocate effectively?
- Why don’t seniors receive effective advocacy?
- What can we do to prepare to do the best we can?
- health binder/journal
- digesting the information
- Which family member is the advocate?
- Offloading other care-giving responsibilities
Sex over 60
- Sex over 60
- Why are people enjoying sex over 60?
- Unlearning the sex roadmap
- Loss of anxiety
- Openness to new ideas
- Awareness and Mindfulness
- Commonality and Trust in a long term relationship
THE SOUL SEGMENT: Career
The Treatment of Chronic Migraines
- What is a Migraine?
- What is a Chronic Migraine?
- Symptoms of Migraines
- Triggers of Migraines
- What treatment options are available?
- Prevention of migraines
- Botox therapy
- CGRP Receptor – designer drugs
For more information about show sponsor The Benvenuto Group go here.
To learn more about David Bernstein go here.
To read Carlyle Jansen’s article in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Dr. Ian Finklestein go here.
To learn more about Lisa Marvin go here.