Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on October 27 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we talk about Type 2 diabetes and life insurance with Boris Brizeli, mindfulness as a path to grace with Tracey Soghrati, the signs that you shouldn’t eat at that restaurant with Vito Marinuzzi and Health Literacy Month with Mack Rogers
Also….the Soul Segment with Lisa Marvin
We specifically discuss:
Type 2 Diabetes and Life Insurance
- healthy persons vs. Type 2 Diabetics
- What is Type 2 Diabetes?
- Type 1 Diabetes vs. Type 2 Diabetes
- Challenges for those with Type 2 Diabetics who want life insurance
- Finding information on insurance pricing
- Inherent unfairness of the process
- The process in built for healthy people
- Time lag: application and approval
Mindfulness as a Path to Grace
- What is grace?
- Graceful movement and behaviour
- What underlies grace?
- Emotional regulation
- The practice of mindfulness
- learning to tolerate what’s going on in your mind and body
- Are your emotional reactions real?
Why You Might Want to Pass By a Restaurant
- Are you being greeted properly?
- Restaurant health infractions?
- Empty tables?
- Lack of atmosphere?
- Index menus?
- Just opened?
THE SOUL SEGMENT: Life Fulfillment
October is Health Literacy Month
- 60% Canadians and 88% of seniors aren’t health literate
- What is health literacy?
- Why is health literacy so important?
- Health Literacy Month
- Do people talk about health literacy?
- Tools for health literacy
- Health passport
- Medical history card
- Tips for doctor visits
- Caregiver worksheet
For more information about show sponsor typetrue.ca go here.
To learn more information about Tracey Soghrati go here.
To learn more about Vito Marinuzzi and his restaurants go here.
To learn more about Health Literacy Month go here.
To learn more about Lisa Marvin go here.