Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on November 3, 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the natural treatment of hemorrhoids with Joel Thuna, “Genius Desserts” with Naomi Bussin, the importance of sleep with Kathleen Trotter and breakfast hacks with Carolyn Tanner-Cohen.
We specifically discuss:
The Natural Treatment of Hemorrhoids
- What are hemorrhoids?
- What are the symptoms of hemorrhoids?
- 3 kinds of hemorrhoids? -Internal hemorrhoids, External hemorrhoids, Thrombosed hemorrhoids
- Why do people get hemorrhoids?
- The natural prevention of hemorrhoids
- soluble and insoluble fibre
- The natural treatment of hemorrhoids
- Natural health ingredients
- “Genius Desserts” by Food 52
- community tested recipes
- recipes that solve problems
- easy recipes
- Vegan Chocolate Birthday Cake
- World Peace Cookies
- baking tips
- reducing sugar in recipes
- Brown Butter Rice Krispy Treats
The Importance of Sleep
- Lack of Sleep is the new norm
- regular sleep and the connection to health
- How do you get more sleep?
- Sleep routines
- Quality of sleep
- Hormone rebalancing
- Sleepiness vs Tiredness
- The most important meal of the day
- Breakfast on the go
- meal prep – individual portions
- chia seeds
- pancake flours
- muffin tin frittata
For more information about show sponsor Pure-Le Natural go here.
To read Joel’s article on detoxing in Tonic Magazine go here.
To read Naomi’s article on Genius Desserts in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Kathleen Trotter go here.
To learn more about Carolyn Tanner-Cohen go here.
To learn more about Lisa Marvin go here.