Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on November 10th, 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we chat about healthy cholesterol with Dr. Gordon Chang; discuss what to do when caregivers and loved ones disagree with David Bernstein; learn how your personality characteristics correlates with your sex life and find out how fibromyalgia can be treated with cannabis.
We specifically discuss:
- Cholesterol and aging – 40+
- Cholesterol produced by the liver
- Clean and detoxify your liver – supplements
- Cholesterol produces steroidal hormones
- High density lipoprotein – HDL
- Low density lipoprotein – LDL
- Controlling LDL intake
- Diet, exercise and antioxidants intake
- plaque formation
- niacin – flushing response
When Caregivers and Loved Ones Disagree:
- It is the Senior’s wishes that are most important
- care vs. control dynamic
- Where does the senior live?
- Mobility issues
- Focus on safety
- Quality of Life – purpose, connectedness
- Fall Risks – balance, muscle weakness, 4+ medications
Your Personality Characteristics and Your Sex Health:
- 5 Principal Personality Characteristics
- Openness to Experience
Treating Fibromyalgia with Cannabis:
- Fibromyalgia – pain disorder
- symptoms of Fibromyalgia
- cannibanoids and Fibromyalgia
- endocannibanoid system
- CBD and THC
- Recent empirical survey
- Cannabis research
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha go here.
To learn more about David Bernstein go here.
To read Carlyle Jansen’s article in Tonic Magazine go here.
To read Rick Gillman’s article in Tonic Magazine go here.