Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on December 1 (and December 2!), 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the digestion with Joel Thuna, the top cookbooks of 2018 with Naomi Bussin, yoga for menstrual cramps and pain with Rachelle Wintzen and tips for booking a restaurant for a holiday party with Vito Marinuzzi.
We specifically discuss:
- What can go wrong with our digestion?
- Watch what you drink
- Probiotics: food and supplements
- Fat consumption
- Fibre: soluble and insoluble
- Fibre supplements
Top Cookbooks of 2018
- Food Network Stars
- Ina Garten “The Barefoot Contessa” – “Cook Like a Pro”
- Nigella Lawson – “At My Table: A Celebration of Home Cooking”
- Jamie Oliver – “Jamie Cooks Italy”
- Middle Eastern Cooking
- Yotam Ottolenghi- “Simple”
- Michael Solomonov- “Israeli Soul”
- David Lebovitz -“The Perfect Scoop”
- Rose Levy Beranbaum “Rose’s Baking Basics”
- “Genius Desserts”
- French Food
- Clotilde Dusoulier- “Tasting Paris”
- Mardi Michaels -“In the French Kitchen with Kids”
- Joshua McFadden – “Six Seasons”
- Chrissy Teigen – “Hungry for More”
Yoga for Menstrual Cramps and Pain
- What causes menstrual cramps and pain?
- yoga movement increases circulation to the uterus
- restorative/yin yoga
- heart opening poses
- hip opening poses
- yoga poses to avoid
Booking a Holiday Party at a Restaurant
- Dates and budgets
- Maximizing the experience
- Alcohol and cannabis
For more information about show sponsor Pure-Le Natural go here.
To read Joel’s article on detoxing in Tonic Magazine go here.
To read Naomi’s article on the top cookbooks for 2018 in Tonic Magazine go here.
To read Rachelle’s article in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Vito Marinuzzi go here.