Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on December 29th and 30th, 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we chat about the promise and possibility of cannabis with Bruce McEachern, hiring a caregiver privately vs. hiring a firm with David Bernstein; the power of and responsibility for sexual arousal with Carlyle Jansen and the documentary “Food For Thought” with filmmaker Leora Eisen
We specifically discuss:
The Possibility and Promise of Medical Cannabis:
- What does the Promise and Possibility of Medical Cannabis mean?
- How does somebody new to medical cannabis get started?
- What do patients do who don’t want to smoke cannabis?
- Are people now avoiding medical cannabis to self-medicate?
- Are insurers covering medical cannabis?
- Medical Cannabis as an alternative to opioids and anti-inflammatory drugs
- Medical cannabis and quality of life
- Are we hardwired for medical cannabis?
Hiring a Caregiver Directly vs. Hiring a Firm:
- What are the pros of hiring a caregiver directly?
- What are the cons of hiring a caregiver directly?
- What are the benefits of hiring a firm?
- Screening, insurance, training
- Training for PSW’s and nurses
- Complicated scheduling for extended care-giving
- Situations change in care-giving
- Extra value in hiring a firm – collateral benefits
The Responsibility for, and Power of, Arousal:
- Importance of responsibility and power of pleasure in a long term relationship
- “How would you like me to touch you?”
- “How would I like you to touch me?”
- Patterns of interaction
- “How do I know what I want?”
- Emotional honesty
- Wheel of Consent
- We have to “grow up”
- Setting boundaries when you don’t want to be touched
SOUL SEGMENT: Relationships
“Food For Thought”:
- Why is food so complicated?
- We need to rethink our diet
- The devaluation of cooking
- Should we be concerned about calories?
- fibre, carbohydrates, fats
- why diets don’t work
- stop eating ultra-processed foods
For more information about show sponsor AgMedica Bioscience go here.
To learn more about David Bernstein go here.
To read Carlyle Jansen’s article in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about “Food For Thought” go here.