Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on January 19 and 20 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the factors impacting the residential real estate market in Toronto with Mitchell Abrahams, cannabis and seniors with Dr. Jonas Vanderzwan, healthy cooking hacks with Carolyn Tanner-Cohen and traveling to Morocco with Elaine Dixson
We specifically discuss:
Factors Impacting the Residential Rental Market in Toronto
- How long can you be in a positive real estate market?
- The cultural/political impetus to be a home owner
- Historically lower interest rates
- Foreign investment
- AirBnB and short term rental
- Interest Rates and Boomers
- Interest Rate Income
- Millennials and the Real Estate Market
- Development Constraints
- Is Toronto a “World Class City”?
Cannabis and Seniors
- Shift in demographics – seniors and cannabis
- Lifting the stigma of cannabis
- Why did doctors not previously embrace cannabis?
- Senior population: poly-pharmacy, drug interactions
- Cannabis instead of other medications
- Legalization of the recreational market
- Benefits of medical vs. self-medication with recreational market
Healthy Cooking Hacks
- Setting Food Intentions
- Changing sugar – switching out white sugar for coconut sugar
- Changing dairy – switching to goat milk
- Changing coffee – switching to matcha
- Changing gluten – switching to fermented sourdough
- Meal prepping
Traveling to Morocco
- The Sahara Desert
- Variety of landscapes and terrains
- Moroccan cuisine
- Wine culture
- Argan Oil
- Cities and UNESCO World Heritage sites
For more information about show sponsor The Benvenuto Group go here.
To learn more about Dr. Vanderzwan and WeedMD go here.
To learn more about Carolyn Tanner-Cohen and get recipes discussed today go here.
To read Elaine Dixson’s article in Tonic go here.