Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on February 2 and 3, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the micro-nutrient Magnesium with Joel Thuna, natural ways to boost your libido with Megan Horsley, Yoga for your heart with Deborah Devine and what are we having for dinner with Vito Marinuzzi.
We specifically discuss:
- Macro-nutrients and micro-nutrients
- What does magnesium do?
- What happens if you’re magnesium deficient?
- Why do we want to take magnesium?
- Can we get magnesium from our food?
- Blood test for magnesium
- Taking magnesium as a supplement
- Elemental Magnesium and bio-availability
Natural Ways to Boost Your Libido
- Reduce stress
- Stress reducing activities
- yoga and meditation
- Thai Yoga Massage
- Soaker tubs
- Zinc rich foods
- Being creative – sacral shakra
Yoga For Your Heart
- Yoga and the expansive feeling
- Healing yoga
- Yoga and heart health
- Dean Ornish
- Calming of the thought fluctuations of the mind
- Grief and PTSD
- Yoga for a better sex life
What’s For Dinner?
- Tomahawk Steak
- Slow cooked bbq chicken
- Fresh pasta
- Cacio e pepe
For more information about show sponsor Pure-Le Natural go here.
To read Joel’s article on magneisum in Tonic Magazine go here.
To read Megan’s article on natural ways to boost your libido in Tonic Magazine go here.
To read Deborah’s article on yoga and heart health in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Vito Marinuzzi go here.