Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on February 9 and 10, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we chat about weight loss and gut inflammation with Dr. Gordon Chang, the connection between sexual satisfaction and relationship satisfaction with Carlyle Jansen, Healthy Valentine’s Day Dinner with Carolyn Tanner-Cohen and what the health of your mouth says about your overall health with Dr. Shana Friedman
We specifically discuss:
Weight Loss and Gut Inflammation:
- Why do people not lose weight?
- Gut Inflammation
- Causes of gut inflammation
- What are the signs of gut inflammation?
- How does the body stop inflammation?
- food sensitivities
- Celiacs and gluten sensitivity
- life balance
Sexual Satisfaction and Relationship Satisfaction:
- What factors impact sexual satisfaction in a relationship?
- self esteem
- emotional intimacy
- good communication
- variety, vulnerability and taking risks
- the connection between sexual satisfaction and relationship satisfaction
Healthy Valentine’s Day Dinner:
- Valentines’ Day at home
- Dips and Appetizers
- Sweet Potato Toasts vs. Crackers
- Beet Root Hummus
- Daikon Radish
- Parsnip Fries
- Lighter Dinner – Bouillabaisse
- Mini Chocolate Souffle
What Your Mouth Health Says About Your Overall Health:
- What can your mouth tell you?
- What are dentists trained to look for?
- Displaced pain
- Ulcers, swelling, discoloration
- What can our gums tell us?
- Dry mouth, fungus, yeast infection -Thrush
- Broken teeth
- Symptoms that suggest poorly controlled diabetes
- Bacteria build-up – Trench Mouth
- Mouths as a source of illness
- Downside of plaque
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha go here.
To read Carlyle’s article on sexual satisfaction and relationship satisfaction in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more Carolyn Tanner-Cohen go here.
To learn more about Dr. Shana Friedman go here.