Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on Mar 2, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss fibre with Joel Thuna, surgery wait times with Dr.Jacques Toueg, what to do when we disagree with our kids’ choices with Lesley Sandler-Griff and why we’re sometimes sad after sex with Carlyle Jansen.
We specifically discuss:
- What is fibre?
- What does fibre do for us?
- Nutrient absorption
- Cardiovascular health
- Blood sugar levels
- Can we get fibre from our food?
- Is there such a thing as too much fibre?
Beating Surgery Wait Times in Ontario
- Private clinics in Quebec
- Statistics on wait times for elective surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Why are wait times so bad; why do we care?
- The cost of surgery wait time
- Wait time can cause further injury
- Who visits private clinics?
- Benefits of going to a Canadian private clinic
- First steps
When We Disagree With Our Kids’ Choices
- Kids making choices
- What does it mean to “like” your kids’ choices?
- When do “partner” decisions become material?
- How to voice concerns
- Should parents be onside with each other
- What sorts of issues are worth addressing?
- What is the most important thing to think about when addressing an issue?
Why We’re Sometimes Sad After Sex
- Crying after sex
- What’s causing these events?
- Unfulfilled Expectations
- Tears of Joy
- Preexisting conditions
- What do you do if you cry after sex?
- What do you do if your partner who cries after sex?
- Orgasm as therapy
For more information about show sponsor Pure-Le Natural go here.
To read Joel’s article on fibre in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Dr. Toueg and ICS clinic go here.
To read Carlyle’s article on crying after sex in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Lesley Sandler-Griff go here.