Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on March 16, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss cannabis innovations with Shekhar Parmar, zinc for men’s health with Megan Horsley, mindfulness and confidence with Tracey Soghrati and Cancer Food Myths and Controversies with dietician Shauna Lindzon.
We specifically discuss:
- The process of getting a cannabis product to market
- The Canadian industry reputation
- Is Canada “cutting edge” in terms of innovation?
- Delivery Systems
- Fostering business – federally, provincially
- Closing window of advantage
- University support – courses, research
- Areas of innovation in the industry
- Other cannibanoids
- New delivery systems
- Formulations of specific cannibanoid combinations for specific health issue
Zinc For Men’s Health
- How does zinc help with men’s health
- Sperm production
- Food sources of zinc
- blood pressure reduction
- cholesterol reduction
- thyroid health
- zinc in reproductive health
Mindfulness and Self-Confidence
- Awareness of mindset
- fixed vs. growth mindset
- cognitive restructuring of fixed mindset
- cognitive distortions
- core-negative image
- cultivating compassion for ourselves
Cancer Food Myths and Controversies
- Soy/Cancer connection
- whole soy vs. highly processed soy
- Organic and Non GMO foods
- Is coconut oil healthy?
- Does sugar feed cancer?
For more information about show sponsor Harvest Medicine go here.
To read Megan’s article in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here.
To learn more about Shauna Lindzon go here.