Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on April 27th and 28th, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the factors driving the purpose built rental market with Mitchell Abrahams, the mindset for treatment of chronic pain with Rucsandra Mitrea, how to travel like a holistic nutritionist with Megan Horsley and reasonable expectations of your yogi with Jodi Fischtein
We specifically discuss:
What are the factors driving the purpose built rental market?
- Competition between building condos and rental projects as an investment
- Long term vs. short term investment
- Low interest rates
- Demographics – Baby Boomers and Millennials
- Differences in the way rental buildings are being built over time
- Stakeholders – government, ratepayer groups
- Incentives to encourage the supply of rental projects
- Immigration and employment opportunities
- The taxation regime
- The Toronto municipal position
- The development community advocacy
- Stability of income and appreciation of capital assets
The mindset for treatment of chronic pain
- The connection between mindset and treatment of pain
- Paying attention to emotions
- The “innate intelligence of the body”
- Body, mindset and emotion
- How does fear impede the healing process?
- Stress hormones
- How do we overcome fear and heal?
- How does the mindset get changed?
- Dealing with pain with an emergency strategy
- Long term strategy for maintenance
Travel like a holistic nutritionist
- Water – dehydration while flying
- Digestive enzymes – probiotics
- Jet lag – sleep and supplements
- Eat locally
Reasonable expectations of your yogi
- What is expected of a modern yogi?
- Holding space
- Beyond the physical
- Which expectations are reasonable…and which are not?
- Being the perfect citizen
- Social media persona
For more information about show sponsor The Benvenuto Group go here.
To learn more about Rucsandra Mitrea go here.
To read Megan Horsley’s article in Tonic Magazine go here.
To read Jodi Fischtein’s article in Tonic Magazine go here.