Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on May 25 and 26, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the health benefits of allicin with “The Garlic Guru” Peter Josling, how to create your own workout mix with Kathleen Trotter, why your joints are your healing centers with Rucsandra Mitrea and yoga for your mojo with Rachelle Wintzen
We specifically discuss:
The Health Benefits of Allicin
- The compound Allicin
- The history of garlic in remedies and treatments
- Stabilizing Allicin
- A modern anti-microbial agent – virus, bacteria, fungus
- Cough and cold prevention
- Are microbes becoming resistant to Allicin?
How To Create Your Own Workout Mix
- What is a workout mix?
- Cardiovascular, strength and mobility
- Your workouts change over time
- Curating your own health mix
- Four fitness personalities
- What activities should you avoid?
Why Your Joints Are Your Healing Centers
- Starting with the joints – movement
- Why do you look at the joints first?
- What is the fascia system?
- The innate intelligence of the body
- Do we need to micromanage our body in order to heal it?
- Pain relief and increased mobility
Yoga For Your Mojo
- How does yoga help with the libido?
- Mindfulness and connection
- Strength and circulation
- Cat/Cow pose
- Bridge pose
- Eagle pose
- Pigeon pose
- Bound angle pose
For more information about show sponsor Allimax and Peter Josling go here.
To learn more about Vtial Directives and Rucsandra Mitrea go here.
To learn more about Kathleen Trotter go here.
To read Rachelle’s article in Tonic Magazine go here.