Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on July 27, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we chat about social entrepreneurship with Justin Siklis, training your thought patterns with Kathleen Trotter, Yoga for all Ages with Rishma Malik and daily practices that promote happiness and fulfillment with TingTing Jiang
We specifically discuss:
- The Red Door Family Shelter
- The Red Door Menu
- The mechanics of corporate giving
- The co-branding aspect of corporate giving
- Advice to others thinking of social entrepreneurship
Training Your Thought Patterns:
- Mind vs. Brain
- The “jock’s version of mindfulness”
- Cue, behaviour and response
- The opportunity for change in the cue
- Embrace the pause
- Hebb’s law
- cognitive distortion – recency bias
- outsmarting our minds
- being aware of our habits
Yoga for All Ages:
- Is yoga for all ages?
- What can kids get from yoga?
- What happens in a kid’s yoga class?
- Limitations regarding yoga for kids?
- Yoga for seniors and those with mobility issues
Daily Practices to Promote Happiness and Fulfillment:
- Why are daily practices for your mind so important?
- Gratitude practice
- Daily affirmations
- Mindfulness practice – meditation
For more information about show sponsor Chef’s Catering go here.
To learn more about Kathleen Trotter go here
To learn more about Rishma Malik go here
To learn more about TingTing Jiang go here