Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on August 3 and 4, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the truths and myths of herbal remedies with Joel Thuna, male sexual dysfunction with Carlyle Jansen, what you should know before going into surgery with Patrick Nellis and food safety in restaurants with Vito Marinuzzi
We specifically discuss:
The Truths and Myths of Herbal Remedies
- Are herbal remedies drugs?
- Advantages of herbal remedies
- How does the government perceive herbal remedies?
- Are herbal remedies safe/Can you overdose on them?
- Is there scientific proof of herbal remedies?
- Are there side effects to herbal remedies?
- St.John’s Wort
- Aloe Vera
- How do you find the best possible herbal remedies?
Male Sexual Dysfunction
- Sometimes men are not in the mood
- Gender roles
- The reasons for men’s lack of desire
- Men are expected to “Man Up”
- Do men want to be desired?
- What are the benefits of men being desired?
What To Expect When You’re Expecting To Have Surgery
- Why is it important for patients to prepare for surgery
- The patient’s role in the surgery process
- Why aren’t the doctors providing this information?
- How do you keep track of what is important presurgery?
- What is important to do presurgery?
- The patient involved in the decision making process in the health care process
- How do patients become more involved in the health care process?
- “Ready For My Surgery”
Food Safety in Restaurants
- What are the food safety issues that restaurants deal with?
- Food sourcing
- Are there really disaster restaurants really out there?
- Restaurant inspections in Toronto
- Warning signs that a restaurant isn’t as clean as it should be?
- What are the signs that you’ve eaten bad food?
For more information about show sponsor Pure-Le Natural go here.
To read Joel’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here.
To read Carlyle’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Patrick Nellis and his upcoming book “Ready For My Surgery” go here.
To learn more about Vito Marinuzzi or make a reservation at his restaurants go here.