Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on Aug10, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we chat about joint health for cats and dogs with Dr. Gordon Chang, how to make amazing salads with Naomi Bussin, mindfulness and cognitive distortions with Tracey Soghrati and health washing in the marketing of foods with Shauna Lindzon
We specifically discuss:
Joint Health for Dogs and Cats:
- Do Dogs and Cats have the same health issues as humans?
- Dosage for pets
- Arthritis, joint pain, inflammation
- Supplements for pet health
- Are people looking for natural remedies for their pets?
- Is CBD appropriate for pets?
- What type of Glucosamine is appropriate for pets?
- Supplementing for pets as a preventative measure
- Healthy lifestyle for pets
How To Be A “Salad Whisperer”:
- What is a “Salad Whisperer”?
- What makes a great salad?
- Acid, salt, crunch and variety
- Tomato Salad – Six Seasons
- Brussels Sprouts Salad – Shaya
- Swiss Chard Salad – Food 52
- Wheat Berry and Grilled Corn Salad – Bonnie Stern
Mindfulness and Cognitive Distortions:
- Mindfulness and the mind
- Subjectivity and reality
- Cognitive Distortions
- Polarized Thinking
- Jumping To Conclusions
“Health Washing” in the Marketing of Foods:
- What is “Health Washing”?
- What does “natural” mean in the context of prepared foods?
- Read the ingredients vs. the health claims
- What does “light” or “lite” mean?
- Buy whole foods
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha go here.
To read Naomi Bussin’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here
To learn more about Shauna Lindzon go here