Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on Aug17, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we chat about psychedelics for wellness and end of life with Dr. Sanjeev Goel, hosting a holistic barbecue with Megan Horsley RHN, mortality with David Bernstein and No Cook Dinners with Carolyn Tanner-Cohen
We specifically discuss:
Psychedelics for wellness and end of life
- What are psychedelics?
- How do psychedelics act on our bodies?
- How were psychedelics historically used?
- Three categories of psychedelics
- How are psychedelics used today?
- The “God Particle”
- Is there a permanent shift after taking psychedelics?
- Are the psychedelics psychologically addictive?
- The “Bad Trip”
- The efficacy of psychedelics for wellness
- End of Life/Palliative Care
- Safety and Legal Considerations
Hosting a Holistic Barbecue:
- Satisfying specific diets
- Beyond Meat vs. Home Made Plant Based Foods
- Tempeh Skewers
- Satisfying the Keto diet
- Environmental impact of hosting
- Life on your own terms
- The Beginner’s Guide To The End
- Identity, Dignity vs.Risk
- Quality and Quantity of Life
- The Shrinking Universe
- Appreciating the Moments
No Cook Dinners:
- What are “No Cook Dinners”?
- Poke Bowls
- Vietnamese Noodle Salad
- Hand Rolls
- Lobster Rolls
- Pre-Cooked Rotisserie Chicken
- Hummus Wrap
For more information about show sponsor Peakhuman and Dr. Sanjeev Goel go here.
To read Megan Horsley’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here
To learn more about David Bernstein go here
To learn more about Carolyn Tanner Cohen go here