Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on August 31 and September 1, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the ins and outs of the keto diet with Ryan Foley, the hidden opioid crisis with Dr. Hance Clarke, your Fall fitness routine with Dr. Stacey Irvine and the natural approach to treating stress with Dr. Emily Lipinski ND
We specifically discuss:
Is The Keto Diet Right For You?
- What is the Keto diet/lifestyle?
- How does the Keto diet/lifestyle work?
- What is nutritional ketosis/the ketogenic state?
- What are the health benefits of the Keto diet/lifestyle?
- Anti-Inflammation, Anti-Free Radicals
- Neurological benefits
- Accelerated weight loss
- Maintain muscle mass
- The Adaptation Stage
- The Keto Flu
- The Maintenance Stage
The Hidden Opioid Crisis
- The purpose and intent of the 2017 Canadian Opioid Guidelines
- Current risks to high dose opioid users
- Reduced access to opioids via prescription
- Denial of health care
- How is the government dealing with the cohort of high dose opioid users?
- Multi-disciplinary pain care
- What is the solution?
- Pain and addiction services into the family practice setting
Transitioning Into Your Fall Fitness Routine
- When is the best time to think about your fitness routine?
- The routine is key
- Thinking about your fitness routine
- Enjoyment is crucial to success
- Weight training allows you to do other activities
- Be realistic about your schedule
- Movement breaks
- Check your gear
- Deal with existing injuries
The Natural Treatment of Stress
- Who is suffering from stress?
- What is causing people stress?
- What are the symptoms of stress?
- Sleep hygiene
- Whole food diets
- Personal contact
For more information about show sponsor Ketoplex by Nuvocare Health Sciences and Ryan Foley go here.
To learn more about Dr. Hance Clarke and is work go here.
To learn more about Dr. Stacey Irvine and her work go here.
To learn more about Dr. Emily Lipinski ND go here.