Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on September 7 and September 8, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the important role that your liver plays in your overall health with Dr. Gordon Chang, cognitive bias and mindfulness with Tracey Soghrati, building block cookbooks with Naomi Bussin and why its okay to plan your date nights with Carlyle Jansen
We specifically discuss:
The Role of Liver In Your Health
- What is the role of your liver?
- Creation of cholesterol
- Regulation of blood sugar
- What impacts the health of your liver day to day?
- Herbal remedies that help the liver regenerate
- What happens to our liver if we’re not careful?
- Cognitive distortions vs. cognitive bias
- How our brains have adapted – fight or flight
- The Halo Effect
- Confirmation Bias
Building Block Cookbooks
- Different ways of learning how to cook
- Building block cookbooks
- Salt Fat Acid Heat
- When Cooking Begins
- Simple Cake
Planning Date Night
- Is it okay for couples to plan sexual encounters?
- Planning leads to regularity
- Beginning vs. Middle of the relationship
- Building anticipation
- Planning makes sex better
- Boosting energy and relationships
- Spontaneity does arise during planning
- Planning leads to new things
- 52 Invitations to Grrreat Sex
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here.
To read Naomi Bussin’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here.
To read Carlyle Jansen’s article on date night go here.