Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on September 21 and September 22, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the health benefits of eggs with Tonya Haverkamp, why your workout might be all wrong with Rucsandra Mitrea, which devices and tools are essential to your kitchen with Carolyn Tanner-Cohen and how we talk about death with David Bernstein
We specifically discuss:
The Health Benefits of Eggs
- What are the health benefits of eggs?
- The process of egg growing
- Shakshuka and other Recipes for eggs
- The Egg and Tabasco contest
- What is the difference between white and brown eggs?
- Nest, free run and free range eggs
- Organic eggs
- Tips for buying eggs
Why Your Workout Might Be All Wrong
- The interconnections of our joints
- injuries and misalignment
- stretching and functionality
- space for joint movement
- focus on how our body performs the exercise
- correct breathing
- building awareness of the exercise
- proper hydration
- exercising for the best functionality
- wear and tear
- Professional cooks vs. home cooks
- One use tools vs. multi-use tools
- Pans- Cast Iron, Saute Pan, Sauce Pan, Roasting Pan
- Food Processor
- Cutting Boards
- Sheet Pans
- Prep Bowls
- Kitchen Scale
- Heavy Duty Blender
How We Talk About Death
- Why don’t people talk about death?
- Death cafes
- Rituals surrounding death
- What are people talking about when they talk about death?
- De-stigmatizing death
For more information about show sponsor The Ontario Egg Board go here.
For more information about show sponsor Tabasco Pepper Sauce go here.
To learn more about Rucsandra Mitrea and her work at Vital Directives go here.
To learn more about Carolyn Tanner-Cohen go here.
To learn more about David Bernstein go here.