Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on October 12 and 13, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss Mental Illness Awareness Week with Onika Dainty, the newest trends in healthy food from the recent CHFA with Megan Horsley, the basics of eye care with Dr. Raj Rathee and how to achieve goals like a successful person with Rod MacDonald.
We specifically discuss:
Mental Illness Awareness Week
- Onika Dainty
- Bi-Polar Affective Disorder 1
- Acknowledging that you may need help
- Understanding what mental illness is
- Dealing with mental illness alone
- How did Onika turn things around?
- Faces of Mental Illness
- Best advice for people who are struggling with mental illness
- Best advice for family and friends of someone struggling with mental illness
- The Dainty Dysh Podcast
- What can we do as a society?
New Healthy Food Trends
- Keto diet and ketone powder products
- Grain replacements
- Cauliflower – cauliflower oatmeal
- Konjac Root, – Konjac noodles, Konjac Rice
- Sugar-free sweetened foods
- Monk fruit sweetener
- Tapioca syrup
- Adaptogenic powders
Eye Care 101
- Regular eye exams
- Changes in eye health
- Diagnosis of other illnesses during an eye exam
- Surgery for cataracts
- Risks of cataracts surgery
- Choice of lens replacement
How To Achieve Goals Like a Successful Person
- What goals do people struggle with?
- Why do people struggle with their goals?
- Support of family and friends
- Three parts of the brain – emotions vs. logic
- Using the strategic center of the brain
- Motivation tips
- What can we learn from successful people?
For more information about Mental Illness Awareness Week go here.
For more information about Onika Dainty and her podcast DaintyDysh go here.
To read Megan Horsley articles in Tonic Magazine go here.
To read Rod MacDonald’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here.