Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on November 2 and 3, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the healing power of Chaga with Joel Thuna, mindful eating with Shauna Lindzon, why you might need a coach with Rod MacDonald and Strategies for Couples Conflict Resolution with Carlyle Jansen
We specifically discuss:
The Healing Power of Chaga
- What is Chaga?
- How do you harvest Chaga?
- How was Chaga used historically?
- What form is Chaga sold?
- Why do people use Chaga?
- Chaga and the immune system
- Chaga as an antioxidant
- Chaga: cholesterol and blood pressure
- Chaga and inflammation
- Chaga and blood sugar levels
- How do you find and buy a good Chaga product?
- Eating together as a family
- Eating mindfully
- The relationship with food
- How can you be mindful about food?
- The satiety scale
- The brain-stomach connection: 20 minutes
- Rating your food
- The 80/20 concept
Why Do You Need A Coach?
- Why would people come to a coach?
- Coaches vs. friends/family
- How do you know if you’d benefit from hiring a coach?
- Knowing the steps that need to be taken for success
- Celebration and appreciation of achievement
- Considerations when hiring a coach
- How long does it take to know if there’s chemistry with your coach?
- What do you look for in a client?
Strategies for Couples Conflict Resolution
- Notice what you want in your relationship
- Communication when you’re upset
- Calming before engaging in communication
- Think about what you want to communicate
- Removing judgment from the conversation
- Don’t make assumptions
- Confrontation and engagement
- Practice communication
For more information about show sponsor Pure-Le Natural go here.
To read Joel’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Shauna Lindzon go here.
To read Rod’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here.
To Read Carlyle’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here.