Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on November 16 and 17, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the amazing healing benefits of Rhodiola Rosea with Dr. Elie Klein ND, reconciling dignity vs. safety while aging with David Bernstein, breaking the cycle of pain with Rucsandra Mitrea and cooking with salt with Carolyn Tanner-Cohen
We specifically discuss:
- What is Rhodiola Rosea?
- How is Rhodiola Rosea cultivated and harvested?
- How was Rhodiola Rosea injested traditionally and currently?
- What was Rhodiola Rosea traditionally used for?
- Chronic stress
- Chronic pain
- Energy and libido
- Digestive ailments
- Mood, anxiety, mental acuity
- Sample packs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reconciling Dignity vs. Safety
- Safety vs. Autonomy
- Dignity, Identity and Independence
- Compromised dignity and aging
Breaking The Cycle of Pain
- What is the cycle of pain?
- The stages of the cycle of pain
- Dealing with fear and stress
- Deterioration of mobility
- How to break the cycle of pain
- Pain and emotions
- The process isn’t linear
Cooking With Salt
- The role of salt in cooking
- Salt intake and reduction
- Table salt
- Sea salt, Maldon salt, Fleur de sel
- Kosher salt
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Salt substitutions and density
For more information about show sponsor Rhoziva (Nanton Nutraceuticals) and Dr. Elie Klein ND go here.
To learn more about David Bernstein and Caregiver Services Ltd. go here.
To learn more about Rucsandra Mitrea and Vital Directives go here.
To learn more about Carolyn Tanner-Cohen go here.