Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on December 21 and 22, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the benefits of group guided travel tours with George Levesque, creating a legacy with David Bernstein, eating healthy when you don’t like to cook with Shauna Lindzon and the best ways to practice mindfulness over the holidays with Tracey Soghrati.
We specifically discuss:
The Benefits of Guided Tours
- What are guided tours?
- What are the benefits of guided tours?
- The educational elements of tours
- Traveling via group tour vs. traveling on your own
- How does group travel save time?
- Are group tours too programmed?
- Do group tours allow for inter-generational travel?
- What does a typical day on a group tour look like?
- How much customization is available on a group tour?
- What kinds of health and wellness options are available on tour?
- What should you look for in a tour operator?
Creating a Legacy
- What does legacy mean?
- Material legacy and intrinsic legacy
- Attaining a sense of peace through creating legacy
- Is it too late to think about your legacy?
- How can we help someone preserve their legacy?
Eating Healthy When You Don’t Like To Cook
- Deconstructed meals
- Healthy pantry and fridge
The Best Ways To Practice Mindfulness Over The Holidays
- Mindful eating
- Time management
- Mindful shopping
- Connecting to joy
- Prioritizing your practice
For more information about show sponsor EF Go Ahead Tours go here.
To learn more about David Bernstein go here.
To learn more about Shauna Lindzon go here.
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here.