Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on December 28 and 29, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss an integrative approach to treating mental health issues with Dr. Mandeep Singh and Dr. Natalie Mulligan ND, how to kick your emotional eating habit with Megan Horsley, how healing your life can help heal your body with Rucsandra Mitrea and why we feel shame and what we can do about it with Carlyle Jansen
We specifically discuss:
The Integrative Approach To Treating Mental Health Issues
- What sorts of mental health issues are treated with an integrative approach?
- What is an integrative approach to mental health?
- Why is the mind/body connection so important?
- What are the benefits of an integrative approach to mental health?
- What mental illnesses respond best to an integrative approach?
- How does the treatment process start?
- Which modalities are getting better results for patients with mental health issues?
- Are referrals necessary to see a medical practitioner?
- Are integrative treatments are covered by OHIP or medical insurance?
Kicking the Emotional Eating Habit
- What is emotional eating?
- The connection between negative emotions and food
- What causes emotional eating?
- Recognizing the “habit”
- Identifying the triggers of emotional eating
- Removing temptation
- Meal prepping
- Getting professional help
Healing Your Life to Heal Your Body
- Dealing with pain
- The emotional factors of the healing process
- The mental factors of the healing process
- The physical factors of the healing process
- The cycle of stress
- How do we begin to get out of the cycle of stress?
Why Do We Feel Shame and What Can We Do About It
- What is shame?
- The connection between shame and sex
- Why do we have shame?
- What is the habit of shame?
- How do we overcome the habit of shame?
- Judging ourselves
- How do we vocalize shame?
- Accepting our own humanity
- Forgiving ourselves
- Attaining freedom from shame
For more information about show sponsor Be Well Health Clinic and Dr. Mandeep Singh and Dr. Natalie Mulligan ND go here.
To learn more about Megan Horsley go here.
To read Megan Horsley’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here
To learn more about Vital Directives and Rucsandra Mitrea go here.
To read Carlyle Jansen’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here