Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on January 11 and 12, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the natural treatment of Anxiety, Depression and Insomnia with Dr. Philip Rouchotas ND, what is your conflict style with Carlyle Jansen, how to work with a holistic nutritionist with Megan Horsley and living with Dravet Syndrome with Celestine Caravaggio
We specifically discuss:
The Natural Treatment of Anxiety, Depression and Insomnia
- Concern that so many people have prescriptions for mental health issues
- Over-prescription and Informed consent
- Problems with prescription medicines
- Comorbidity of mental health issues
- Lifestyle strategies – Mediterranean diet and exercise
- Supplements and drug interactions
- High EPA Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Vitamin B complex and Melatonin
Understanding Your Own Conflict Style
- Why is it relevant to understand your conflict style?
- What is a conflict style?
- The Accommodator
- The Avoider
- The Collaborator
- The Competitor
- The Compromiser
Working with a Holistic Nutritionist
- Why do people see a Holistic Nutritionist?
- What are reasonable expectations in working with a Holistic Nutritionist?
- What sort of training does a Holistic Nutritionist have?
- Tools: Food diary
- What is working for clients?
- What should you look for in a Holistic Nutritionist?
Living With Dravet Syndrome
- What is Dravet Syndrome?
- What triggers the seizures?
- Medications for Dravet Syndrome
- Developmental impact
- Day to day life
- Preparing for the future
- Finding balance
For more information about show sponsor New Roots Herbal go here.
For more information about Dr. Philip Rouchotas go here.
To read articles written by Carlyle Jansen in Tonic Magazine go here.
To read articles written by Megan Horsley in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Dravet Syndrome go here.