Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on January 18 and 19, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the health benefits of chicken soup with Joel Thuna, preparing to take group exercise classes so that you avoid injury with Mario Causevic, why resolutions to lose weight don’t work with Camille Llosa and Kira Barry and fun new ways to meet your fitness goals with Kathleen Trotter.
We specifically discuss:
The Health Benefits of Chicken Soup
- The history of chicken soup
- What Can Chicken soup be used for?
- Cold and Flu symptoms
- How does chicken soup work?
- The role of fat in chicken soup
- The nutritional value of chicken soup
- The spiritual and emotional value of chicken soup
- supplementing chicken soup – ginger, Chaga, elderberry and oregano
- Multivitamin, Zinc and Vitamin C
- Joel’s chicken soup recipe
Preparing Before Taking Group Exercise Classes
- What should you consider if you’re starting a group exercise class?
- What sort of injuries occur during group exercise class?
- How do you prepare for a group exercise class?
- Glutes, Core and Mid-Back
- Balance and core work
- Functional mobility
Why Resolutions to Lose Weight Don’t Work
- Why do weight loss resolutions not work?
- How do you stay motivated through weight loss?
- Customization of a program
- The power of community
- Lifestyle choices: fitness, mindfulness and sleep
- Setting reasonable goals
- Keeping the weight off
Fun New Ways To Meet Fitness Goals
- Why do people fail in their fitness resolutions?
- What are the mistakes that people make?
- The compounding interest of habits
- Creating and curating your environment
- Finding your bright spots
- Gamifying your fitness
For more information about show sponsor Pure-Le Natural go here.
To read Joel’s article in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Mario Causevic go here
To learn more about Kathleen Trotter go here.