Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on February 8 and 9, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss menopause and the natural treatment of hot flashes with Joel Thuna, decluttering for downsizing or aging in place with Leanne Masellis and Rosemary Chemello, aphrodisiac foods and scents with Megan Horsley and kicking unwanted habits with Michael Cassell
We specifically discuss:
Menopause and The Natural Treatment of Hot Flashes
- What is menopause?
- What are the symptoms of peri-menopause and menopause?
- The biological reason for menopause
- What is peri-menopause?
- Minimizing the symptoms of menopause
- What are hot flashes?
- Common triggers of hot flashes
- Dealing with hot flashes
- Supplements: Sage, EPA and Black Cohosh
Decluttering for Downsizing or Aging in Place
- Why do people live in clutter?
- How do you start to de-clutter?
- Cleaning out the pantry
- The logistics of de-cluttering
- Downsizing to stay in place
- Dealing with valuables and keepsakes
- Fitting into a new space
- What is an aphrodisiac?
- How do aphrodisiacs work?
- Essential oils – terpenes
- Memories and emotions
- Why would you use an aphrodisiac?
- Ylang Ylang, Jasmine
- Dark Chocolate
- Zinc supporting testosterone
How To Kick Unwanted Habits
- The emotional motive for making change
- Emotion vs. logic
- Dopamine and immediate gratification
- Self-examination and the emotional reward from change
- Building up emotional strength
- Internal conflict resolution
NOTE: On the February 15/16 show David Bernstein and I will be discussing the fear of death and meaning of life, focusing on a documentary about 97 year old philosopher Herbert Fingarette. To access the video go to the Caregiver Services website or here.
For more information about show sponsor Pure-Le Natural go here.
To read articles by Joel Thuna in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Leanne Masellis and Rosemary Chemello and the work they do go here
To read articles by Megan Horsley in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Michael Cassell and the work he does go here.