Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on February 15 and 16, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss what toxicities and deficiencies shorten our life and how we attain sufficiency, with Ian Clark, how we self-sabotage our health with Kathleen Trotter, cooking foods for the people we love with Naomi Bussin and the fear of death and the meaning of life with David Bernstein.
We specifically discuss:
Deficiencies, Toxicities and Attaining Sufficiency
- What are the most common dietary deficiencies?
- Blood tests
- Toxicities- heavy metals and mold
- Aging and the drying out process
- Quality of Life
Self-Sabotage of Your Health
- What is self-sabotage
- The snowball or mustard effect
- Don’t overcompensate for your mistakes
- “I deserve”
- “I’m too busy”
- square peg, round hole
- circle of influence
Cooking Food For People We Love
- Cooking as a demonstration of love
- What if you don’t cook?
- Fresh pasta, Bone Marrow Onion Sauce – American Sfoglino
- Cinnamon Rolls –Vanilla Bean Baking Blog
- Pancake Princess
- Crepe Cake (with coffee pastry cream) –
- Brisket – Bonnie Stern
- Smoked Chicken
The Fear of Death and the Meaning of Life
- Herbert Fingarette
- “Being 97”
- “Death is nothing to be afraid of”
- Valuing life
- “What is the meaning of life” is a foolish question
- The presence of the absence
- The spectacular beauty of the natural world
For more information about Ian Clark show sponsor Activation Products go here.
To learn more about Kathleen Trotter go here.
To read articles by Naomi Bussin in Tonic Magazine go here
To learn more about David Bernstein go here.