Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on February 22 and 23, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss Prostate Health with Dr. Gordon Chang, building the perfect board with Carolyn Tanner Cohen, new running shoe technology with Stacy Irvine and the natural treatment of acid reflux and indigestion with Dr. Emily Lipinski ND
We specifically discuss:
- Prostate enlargement
- Is there a connection between prostate health and testosterone?
- What is the result of an enlarged prostate?
- What is the purpose of the prostate?
- Does chronic inflammation cause prostate enlargement?
- Supplements to help the bladder empty
- Water consumption
- Is an enlarged prostate connected to prostate cancer?
Building the Perfect Food Board
- Why use a food board?
- The formula for a successful food board
- A breakfast board
- A dessert board
- A dinner board
- A charcuterie board
New Running Shoe Technology
- A brief history of running shoes
- The Nike Vaporfly
- The fairness controversy
- The science behind the shoe
- The cost premium
- The benefits of the new technology
- Reasonable expectations for the recreational runner
The Natural Treatment of Acid Reflux and Indigestion
- What are the causes of acid reflux and indigestion?
- What is the cause of gas and bloating?
- Food sensitivity and stomach bacteria
- The pros and cons of acid blocking medications
- Vitamin B12
- Small Intestinal Bacteria Overgrowth
- H Pylori infections
- Food triggers of indigestion
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To learn more about Carolyn Tanner Cohen go here.
To learn more about Stacy Irvine go here.
To learn more about Dr Emily Lipinski ND go here.