Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on March 7 and 8, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss women’s health issues with Andrea Donsky RHN, interior designing for seniors with Leanne Masellis and Rosemary Chemello, drinking your calories with Shauna Lindzon, and how the “Right Effort” can help you attain your health goals with Kathleen Trotter
We specifically discuss:
Women’s Health Issues
- Women’s heart health
- Presentations of heart disease in women
- Diminishing risk of heart disease in women
- Fitness: mental health, bone density, muscle mass
- Maintaining muscle mass
- Getting enough protein
- Beef bone broth and collagen
- Bone broth capsules or powders
Interior Design for Seniors
- Aging in place
- Independence in the home
- The front door
- Organizing – for height, weight, etc.
- Condominiums – entries, washroom size
Drinking Your Calories
- Flavouring -syrups, juices, bitters
- Specialty coffee drink
- Smoothies and juices
“The Right Effort” and Health Goals
- Right effort vs. busy effort
- The outdated version of yourself
- Starting somewhere
- The right equipment
- Making smart goals
- Growth oriented mindset
- Tweak the plan as you proceed
- Guilt > shame
For more information about show sponsor New Roots Herbal go here.
To learn more about Andrea Donsky go here.
To learn more about Leanne Masellis, Rosemary Chemello and their work at Dynamic Downsizers go here.
To learn more about Shauna Lindzon go here.
To learn more about Kathleen Trotter go here