Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on March 14 and 15, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss bone and joint health with Dr. Gordon Chang, whether mindfulness can save the world with Tracey Soghrati, cooking with an instant pot with Naomi Bussin and getting ready to exercise outdoors with Stacy Irvine.
We specifically discuss:
Bone and Joint Health
- Weight bearing exercise
- Calcium and Vitamin D
- Controlling the breakdown of the bone
- Minerals and nutrients
- The Keto diet
- Calcium levels in your blood
- Testing for bone density
- Vitamin B complex
- Trace minerals
Can Mindfulness Save the World?
- Mindful people making thoughtful choices
- What is mindfulness?
- Are people overwhelmed?
- Practice open awareness
- Mindful eating
- Vegetarianism and climate change
- Energy use and transportation
Cooking With and Instant Pot
- What is an Instant Pot?
- Cooking dried beans and legumes
- Braising meat
- Home made yogurt
- Dinner In an Instant – Melissa Clark
- The Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook – Nisha Vora
- The Instant Pot Bible – Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarborough
- An environmentally friendly way to cook
Getting Ready To Exercise Outdoors for Spring
- Exercise outdoors
- Shifting environments and equipment
- Stabilizing ankles
- Balance and ankle strength
- Layering you clothing
- Warm ups
- Reflective clothing
- Pace yourself
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here.
To read Naomi Bussin’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here
To learn more about Stacy Irvine go here.